[pct-l] McNuggets

Michael michael at leftcoastman.com
Thu Nov 4 19:02:02 CDT 2010

Once again, rather than get facts, some of the individuals on this mailing list prefer anecdote, urban myth, and outright space alien beliefs.  I guess that's why a couple of you claim sasquatch lives.

1.  McNuggets are not made from emulsified chickens.  They are chopped up breast meat of chickens, though I make no claim on whether one should eat them or not.  They will spoil.

2.  The emulsification is not made of beaks, combs, feet, etc. etc. etc.  It is a method to remove the last bit of chicken from the bone.  Gross, but have you eaten a hot dog lately?  Same stuff.

3.  No ammonia is used in treating the "meat."  First, ammonia is a poisonous gas and is not an efficient way to kill bacteria or viruses.  It is ammonium hydroxide, a salt, that has some antibacterial properties, and is mostly not used much anymore.

Evidence rules.  Other claims not so much.