[pct-l] Bikes on PCT- alternative enforcement idea

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sun Nov 7 07:33:01 CST 2010

Greetings,

So. The solution for illegal activity is to make it legal? Doublespeak.

Bicycles *do* erode the trail more than hikers. Much more. And bicycles on the trail diminish the wilderness and wilderness-like experience of the trail.

The only places where it is appropriate for bicycles to share the trail is on the road walks.

Enforcing the law is a good idea - not one that should be sneered at.

I hope you enjoy riding where it is legal and safe. And keep off the Pacific Crest Trail.

Jim Keener ( J J )