[pct-l] Thanks for the good news

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 11:37:24 CST 2010

Now this is the kind of news I LIKE to hear (see below). Thanks Brian!
Happy trails,
Susan Alcorn

"Message: 1
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:53:40 -0700
From: Brian Gill <pctpanama at aol.com>
Subject: [pct-l] I.E. portion of Pacific Crest Trail revamped
To: pct-l at backcountry.net

I.E. portion of Pacific Crest Trail revamped

Story posted 2010.11.06 at 12:02 PM PDT

Hikers will be glad to note some major improvements along the Pacific Crest Trail, including in Riverside County, have been finished.For the past year, crews have been working to patch up about 200 miles of the trail.

The entire trail spans 2,600 miles, from the U.S.-Mexico border all the way to the Canadian border.

In White Water just outside Palm Springs, officials showed off some of the upgrades, which included repairing bridges and neglected areas of the trail.

About 60 young people were hired for the project using federal stimulus money.
Story posted 2010.11.06 at 12:02 PM PDT

All material ? 2010 KABC-TV, Inc. & 2004-2010 LSN, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Good Storm Brewing

Sent From My IPhone
       Brian

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/hiking-in-san-francisco/susan-alcorn
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.