[pct-l] Bikes on PCT- alternative enforcement idea

Mark Hudson mhudson89521 at att.net
Sun Nov 7 11:56:47 CST 2010

I have to admit I support sharing.  Not perhaps for all the reasons you
may assume, but simply that I am sick of seeing all the us and them in
America.

Just look at this list, heavy truckers, vs ultralites vs day hikers vs
weekenders vs through hikers (I guess with section thrown in there
somewhere), and now bikes vs hikers.

And always the other group is portrayed as "evil" or inexperienced, or
wrong.  Oddly enough the other group is always lumped into a group as a
whole, as in all bikers must be ...holes.

Seriously folks, we need to learn to just get along and stop drawing all
the lines and placing ourselves on one side of them.

And the truly sad portion is where i see all the "I would resort to trip
wires, damage to their bikes, becoming a police person myself, etc post"

Being near the TRT I share with bikes all the time.  While it can be a
bit annoying, that we move at different speeds, I don't think that
means, I am right and they should all be banned, and I suspect they feel
a bit frustrated at having to slow down every time they come up on my
family.  I have yet to have any one say that however.

Mostly I have found them to be just like me, out to have a good time and
get some exercise in one of the last few places where the everyday world
doesn't seem so everyday.