[pct-l] Wait, what is the 411 on REI Flash?

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 09:47:07 CST 2010

--- Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net> wrote:
> Really hard for me to compare my ULA Catalyst with the REI Flash from just
> the info on REI website. Just from what I can get from the website, with
> the Flash the waist belt is permanently fastened to the pack so one cannot
> get a pack based on one's torso and a waist belt based on one's girth which
> I needed and is more adaptable to the individual. But the ULA flexibility
> also incurs a weight penalty.
>
> Maybe when I'm going by an REI store I'll stop in and take a look.
>
> Tortoise

I wanted very much to check out the REI Flash, but after several months and trips to several different REI stores, I was never able to find one in stock. They must be popular.

My girlfriend and I went with ULA instead and are very happy with the Conduit. The REI return policy is tough to beat, though.

Gary