[pct-l] Gear for late spring snow?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 01:37:25 CST 2010

I used the Katoola 10 point aluminum crampons this year, and loved them.
They are only a slight bit heavier than the microspikes, but make a tennis
shoe feel much more stable.  They don't role.  Or at least they didn't in
the 4 weeks of use they got.  The aluminum points are very susceptible to
wear if you keep them on for any length of time over rock and scree, but the
two of us who used them in our group were happy to have them.

Shroomer