[pct-l] Hopeful hiker

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Nov 10 20:11:50 CST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> I intend visiting the US next year and would like to hike parts of
> the PCT.
> I am not attempting a thru walk but rather my idea is to 'cherry
> pick' a few
> Trail areas, one or more in each of the three Pacific States. I
> expect I
> would walk for up to 3 or 4 days at any location and perhaps day
> walk at
> others.

I highly recommend doing the first section in Washington State, from
the Bridge of the Gods to White Pass. It has everything that is
wonderful about Washington plus what I thought was the absolute
highlight of the whole trail: the Goat Rocks. If you do it in August
you stand a chance of having great weather for your Goat Rocks
passage. The views are absolutely stunning.