[pct-l] Hopeful hiker

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 20:40:10 CST 2010

I found following opinions.

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen

If you had more time, I'd recommend the 150miles from Tuolumne Meadows
to Echo Summit by Lake Tahoe since you can get public transportation
to Yosemite and from S. Lake Tahoe.  Another idea would be from Burney
Falls S.P. to Castle Crags at the I-5 (about 85miles) as you can use
the Amtrak to go to Redding and take a local bus up to Burney.  You
can catch the Amtrack in Dunsmuir off the I-5 when you are done.

rbalcorn at gmail.com

It's a little north of your specs, but from Elk Lake Resort to Timberline
Lodge is really a wonderful section - about 140 miles. Elk Lake Resort to
Big Lake Youth Camp is about 40 miles and also nice.

--
The John Muir Trail. for August

--
Sincerely