[pct-l] changing subject lines

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Nov 11 19:57:51 CST 2010

On Nov 11, 2010, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> changing subject lines

I don't think it's so much changing the subject line as whether you
get the digest or individual emails and hit reply.

I get the digest because there are too many individual emails from
people I don't know otherwise. I tend not to read individual emails
from people I don't know. If I reply to the digest, I think it
automatically starts a new thread even though I try to put the
original subject line with a "Re:" in front of it. There's really
nothing I can do about it.

There are some people who get panties in a wad about people replying
to the digest but if the whole digest thing is so problematic for
people, they should not offer it as an option. I don't have any
control over what my email client does. I do what I can do, and after
that, it's pretty much out of my hands.

Diane