[pct-l] Campo to Warner Springs

Gary Schenk gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Thu Nov 11 23:03:33 CST 2010

On 11/11/2010 8:29 PM, dan rapkin wrote:

> I'm trying to plan a hike for a week from Campo to Warner Springs, it's about 110 miles and myself and one other of my group have previous hiking and camping experience the other doesn't have much.  Adding in elevation gain and loss I'm not sure how long I will be out, I'm aiming for a week but may be out longer.  Those with previous experience of all of Section A, do you have an estimate of how long it took you?

My girlfriend and I did it in 7 days, which included a 5 mile day and
overnight stop at Mt. Laguna. We hike and backpack year round so we were
in pretty good shape when we started at Campo. We stayed two nights at
the kickoff. We arrived on Friday and setup camp. Saturday we got a ride
to the border and carried just daypacks back to Lake Morena. That worked
out really well. Then left the kickoff Sunday morning.

Gary