[pct-l] Gear for late spring snow?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 15:06:29 CST 2010

A few random responses.  My only frame of reference for Katoolas is (1) nothing and (2) 12-pt crampons on a glacier / tourist excursion.  They are definitely better than nothing.

Regarding Calorie, I was part of the group he was in when he fell above Onion Valley (below Kearsarge).  I don't know if he was wearing crampons or not - I don't think so.  But what caused his fall was not feet slipping but losing his balance after standing up on a very steep slope, after a glissade.  In any event, he's one tough kid.

Mango