[pct-l] planning priorities

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 15:15:49 CST 2010

Kevin,

I'll respond to the food part of your post.  Last year I also relied a lot on freeze-dried foods and would recommend it again.  I bought mine from Emergency Essentials ( www.beprepared.com ).  To save a little money, I would watch the specials each month, and if something was on my list, I'd order it then.  I made up some meat / veggie mixes in ziplocks ahead of time and mailed those.  In town I'd buy the easy-to-find bases (Lipton sides, instant potatoes, instant rice, cous-cous, etc. to cook with the f-d stuff.  I also bought some f-d cheeses and lots of fruits, which are great with cold or hot cereal or as a snack on the trail.  If I've done it right, this should link to a pic of my pre-hike inventory.  http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=518851

Have a great hike,

Mango