[pct-l] Just my opinion

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 19:31:30 CST 2010

You'll talk about that some at snow school.  The main thing is to STOP - stop, think, observe, plan.  Go upstream and downstream, looking for a log or a less dangerous place to cross.  Crossing in the morning is usually easier, due to higher snowmelt and runoff during the day.  Stay with a group.  Help each other with poles or limbs or ropes to hold on to.  Unbuckle your pack before you start.  Stow your electronic gear in waterproof containers.  If you're a chicken like me, you can crawl over a log more safely than walking / balancing on it.  Mostly just common sense stuff.

Mango