[pct-l] planning priorities

Ellen Shopes igellenig at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 06:52:17 CST 2010

I second that food should be a priority, if you plan to ship most of it.  It
takes a fair amount of work to plan meals, sort into boxes, get and confirm
mailing addresses, etc.  No one has mentioned Wildernessdining.com; they
have large cans of dried meat that I threw into meals.  I think if I were to
repeat the hike, I would buy more in the big towns, and go stoveless more.
I thought a big hot dinner at the end of the day would be nice.  Turned out,
sometimes all I wanted to do is snack in bag before going to sleep.

A second priority would be your shoes/socks.  If you know what works for
you, stock up and break in the replacements.
Good luck!
Elderly Ellen