[pct-l] Fw: Water purification/shower

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:24:46 CST 2010

Interesting, yet you ride a horse, so can carry that weight. .

Several years back I purchased what amounts to a bottle cap with holes in it as part of a "shower kit" (the other parts were a bit of string & directions.) put out by Cascade Designs to fit on their water bladders. I found that it also fits on a soda bottle. One could probably just make some holes in a soda bottle cap & get the same effect.

I have found that I can take a reasonably adequate shower with one liter of water using a soda bottle. It is helpful before getting off the trail to avoid those looks from non-hikers. It weighs less than one ounce.

hm