[pct-l] Zpacks

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:38:55 CST 2010

Anyone have any experience with ZPacks?  I'm seriously considering buying
one.  I currently use a Ray-Way (a DIY version of the GoLite Breeze).
For my uses, the Ray-Way is tad-bit too heavy (at 9 oz) and has a little
more capacity than I use (I think it has 3,700 cui).  I don't think I'll
need more than about 2,600 cui.

I'm eyeballing the ZPack "Zero" (Large cuben fiber version) with a center
pocket (total weight  3.05 ounces).

I'm a little worried about durability as I've never used cuben fiber
before.  Any opinions?

I'm (*very* *very* noncommittally) considering a speed record attempt on the
Oregon section of the PCT next summer with a buddy of mine (please don't
hold us to it, we're just considering it).  I'm looking at
extremely-ultralight gear options to facilitate 18 hours of hiking per day
for 9 days.  Obviously cuben fiber has come to mind.

--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne