[pct-l] Camera

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:16:44 CST 2010

Wow, powerful shots Brick.  The use of an iphone didn't hamper the artist
one bit.  Those shots evoke the realness, the grittiness of soldiering,
along way from home better than most pictures I've seen. Gorgeous.  And not
being near that good, I carried a Canon Rebel, SLR digital on this years
thru hike.  I've been backpacking and world traveling with a heavy SLR since
my own army time in the early 70's, and am simply used to the weight of it
around my neck after all these years.  A lot of the shots I got in the mists
of WA, and the brilliant snowy passes of the Sierra are beautiful, so I'm
glad I carried the weight.  I find myself often lost in the viewing of those
shots now that I'm off trail, and I'm glad they are good.  I'm hoping soon
to put together a DVD of the whole trip for those I hiked with.  I'm glad I
caught Mango and his bright orange pack cover disappearing into the falling
snow on the San Felipe ridge, the reds of the Autumn berry bushes and Motor
hiking in late season misty day in WA, and the vistas all along the trail.

The trail is breathtaking, and a number of folks I hiked with complained of
the poor quality of the landscape shots their little cameras took.  Psycho,
Motor and Plain Slice also had heavy camera gear, although Plain Slice
mailed his digital movie camera home after the High Sierra due to the
weight.  Both he and Motor are artists, and what I've seen of their pictures
are incredible.  In their cases, they had talent and good equipment.

Shroomer