[pct-l] Fwd: High Sierra clothing

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 24 14:52:16 CST 2010

Good afternoon, Liam,

I wear athletic shorts and don’t carry long pants for any reason, except in
rainy Washington I may carry SilNylon chaps.  The answer for cold legs at
the beginning of the day is to walk.  At the end of the day the answer is to
crawl into the bag and sleep.  A slightly warmer sleeping bag is much more
weight-efficient than carrying sleeping clothes, however it is good practice
to pick a sleeping system that includes the jacket that you’ll be carrying
anyway.  There’s an old saying, “On a cold night if you don’t sleep wearing
everything you brought, then you brought too much.”

* *

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09