[pct-l] bug question

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 24 15:38:54 CST 2010

Good afternoon, Kevin,

Expect mosquitoes anytime  but infestations depend upon the year’s snowpack
accumulation and how quickly it melts.  I read one Journal where the hiker
was eaten alive when he camped short of Lake Morena.  Conversely, in ’07 I
didn’t use any dope or mesh until 29 May when I camped at Death Canyon
crossing, 11S 398435 4020237.  Further, I didn’t encounter significant
infestations until 14 June when I camped at Wilma Lake, 11S 268102 4216946.

’07 was a low snow – and mosquito – year.  Expect worse, probably beginning
after Kennedy Meadows.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09