[pct-l] Zpacks

Steve Cosner stevec at sfsu.edu
Wed Nov 24 22:08:17 CST 2010

I used Zpacks last two summers, and love them!   My son did several
weeks of the PCT starting from Manning Park this June using my ZPack
from last summer, with no complaints.

Cuben Fiber is not as durable as nylon.  If you drag the pack across
granite, it will get tiny holes or tears.  I used seam sealer to patch
them.  My son used duct tape, I think.  Once I realized how to be
careful, my second Zpack has no holes after several outings.

For your 9 day hike, it would be well worth it in light weight.