[pct-l] Rain Gaer ?

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 08:38:29 CST 2010

I'm one of those hikers who have torn their poncho and have sworn to never use
one again,

but keep in mind, it's not fair to compare a 400$ arc teryx coat to a 5$ thin
poncho.  i am unsure if anyone makes a quality ProShell 3L poncho or the like,
if so it may have enough abbrasion resistance to make it workable.  obviously a
theta AR jacket weighs like a pound;   but even the goretex Paclite you can get
a nice jacket for 8 to 10 ounces.

my poncho experiences were on the east coast, so a lot more branches etc.