[pct-l] Cross Country Driving

dan rapkin clawsabre97 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:16:52 CST 2010

Hey All,I had been planning a trip to hike Section A of the PCT in January as a requirement for my major.  Part of this plan included myself and two others driving from New Jersey to San Diego around December 29th and hoping to get there on the 2nd or 3rd of January.  Does anyone have any experience driving cross country around this time of year?  How long might it take?  We were going to take I-40 for as much of it as we can in order to avoid any snow.  Another idea albeit I'm less excited about this one is waiting until May and driving out.  What do people think?  Do you have any suggestions?  How accessible will water be in May on Section A?  I read that its the start of the dry season, so I'd have to carry a lot more water with me..Thank you in advance for your help-Dan