[pct-l] Temp Ratings To Shoot For

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 06:14:07 CST 2010

Hey all,

What kinda of temps does it typically get most nights?

Yeah, I know, it "all depends on the weather" but work with me here -grin -
... generally, what kind of temps have you faced?

Some of you have done the PCT enough times to know... should I be looking at
40, 30, 20, or 10 degree gear?

I've got gear for 50-f and I've got gear for -20 and everywhere in between.
It has just been hard to decide on which set to bring. Those of you who've
done the PCT a few times should have some thoughts on what temp ratings to
shoot for. So I be looking at my GoLite 20 quilt or my Nunatak -20 gear :-D

Thanks,
John