[pct-l] Emergency Devices

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Nov 30 14:33:48 CST 2010

Sat phones can be rented, which works great for short trips, but for the
length of a thru hike, might mean a purchase is in order. Call your local
Iridium provider for the deals they may be willing to offer you.

Just a comment, it is nice that the SPOT device lets friends and family know
how you're moving along, but those who are really concerned and worried
about you will want to hear your voice to feel the assurance of your
well-being.

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education