[pct-l] Food Drop - Parchers Resort - Bishop Pass Trail

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Tue Nov 30 23:37:47 CST 2010

When I cached food at Parchers Resort in 1994, a kitchen helper kept it
under his bunk.  Now it's $25.  This is a nice place to jump off the
trail for resupply - about half way between Horseshoe Meadows/Lone Pine
and Reds Meadow.  It's a 25 mile round trip with a 4000' climb out and
3000' back in.  It's worth the extra miles - the views climbing out of
LeConte Canyon are stupendous and Dusy Basin is sublime.

I always thought foresighted people could arrange a group food drop
while at Kennedy Meadows - having the packer meet hikers where the PCT
and Bishop Pass Trail meet.  Probably wishful thinking...

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD

http://www.parchersresort.net/index.htm

 From "Services" on their website*
*

*Backpacker Re-supply Storag*e - Hikers on extended pack trips often
need places to re-supply along the way. For $25 Parchers Resort will
store your re-supply package until you arrive. Located only 1 mile from
the Bishop Pass trailhead, our location is ideal.