[pct-l] Angeles National Forest Closure Extended

Halfmile list at lon.net
Thu Oct 7 00:04:10 CDT 2010

Goodness,
I don't think a southern alternate route would be very practical even
if a hiker wanted to brave the urban jungle and traffic, as it would
likely be three times the distance of the current detour or more.

If you look at the map from the Angeles Forest the current Station
Fire detour begins just  east of the purple Williamson Rock Closure
Area and goes north and then west from there. The fire closure area
extends further south than it does north. Also, the PCT turns north
around the North Fork Ranger Station in the middle of the burn area,
so ultimately a hiker ends up north of the closure area in Agua Dulce.

-Halfmile