[pct-l] New PCT Guidebook

Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 04:21:30 CDT 2010

Well, it nice to give a friend a "plug", but I have at least two questions - why buy five expensive books when one cheaper book might do, and how do these items really compare???  If "Erik the Black's" gudebooks are anything like his blog site, they may be difficult to use and signficant overkill.

Happy hiking, Spring

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:23:52 -0400
From: dnlcyclone at aol.com

Erik the Black's guidebooks are truly the only guidebooks anyone will NEED.  The other guidebooks are great references, but Erik's books are thorough, concise and devoid of cumbersome narrative.  The narrative is nice when leafing through it in the comfort of your living room, but serves heavy and tedious on the trail.  Go to  http://blackwoodspress.com/blog/ for all the information.  Probably not news to most people, but I thought it would nice to give Erik the plug he deserves.