[pct-l] Angeles National Forest Closure Extended

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 7 12:51:10 CDT 2010

L-rod is en point.  I didn't enjoy all the road walking this year, but I did see a part of So Cal I would not have seen otherwise, and I met some really nice folks - Trail angels, prison guards, Indian tribal folks at a Pow-Wow at KOA, and the folks at Blum Ranch.  I'm guessing that when the Trail opens back up through the Station Fire area, it will look like other desolate areas for a few years, such as the ridge between McDonald's and Wrightwood and the last ridge before dropping down to the South Fork of the Kern R., just south of KM.  Those were as depressing as any road walk.  But safer, I'll admit.

Mango