[pct-l] New PCT Guidebook

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 13:22:57 CDT 2010

Spring,

I seriously doubt that you have ever used a copy of Erics Atlas.  I have, and
found it to be excellent and supplies most everything, including maps, that you
need.  I say "most" because I also bring pages from the much larger guide books
since I like the descriptions of geology, etc.

One of the advantages of Eric's books is that they are very small and
light-weight and specific to different parts of the PCT.  You don't have to cut
out pages as you do with the larger guide books - as everyone does. If this new
guide book covers the entire PCT well it will be too large and heavy and most
hikers will have to cut it up into sections.

For your interest, I am not a friend of Eric's - I just appreciate what he has
accomplished.

MendoRider