[pct-l] Triple Crown question

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 7 16:17:00 CDT 2010

This quote is from the American Hiking Society's October issue.

"If you've checked out our Facebook page lately, you may have read the exciting blogs of Liz Thomas as she hikes the Continental Divide Trail and completes the Triple Crown. (Hiking the Triple Crown is through-hiking all three long distance trails: the Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, and Appalachian Trail.)" .

I always thought that the Triple Crown was for hiking the big 3, whether thru- or section-.  Am I wrong, or is AHS?  Who decides?  Who is King of the Rules?  ALDHA?  ALDHAWest? Or is it up to each person?  Surely there is a generally accepted understanding of what it takes to be a Triple Crowner.

Thanks,
Mango