[pct-l] Aqua Mira

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:30:01 CDT 2010

I do not believe the ban in CA had anything to do with Meth production.  I
was told CA didn't like the method of mixing drops - they thought it was too
error prone for the average Californian.
I guess in a state where it is legal to buy pot they don't expect their
citizens to be able to count to 7 or to be able to make a judgment on what
they want to use to treat water.

I was able to buy some in Big Bear in 2009 and was told it was now legal in
CA.  I believe the packaging has been relabeled
to state that the product "improves taste" as opposed to actually kills
anything in the water.  I don't know how available it currently is in CA.
I was able to get some in Ashland also and the rest I had mailed to me.

For chemical treatment methods it is probably one of the least harmful over
the long term (although there is really no hard data on this that I am aware
of).  I would rather use this than Iodine for taste and health reasons and
it is a lot lighter than a filter. But to each his/her own (HYOH).

Day-Late