[pct-l] purifying water

kristen grund waveflower45 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:03:03 CDT 2010

Hello Backpackers!

I am hiking the PCT with my boyfriend in 2011. We are getting all our gear together and have noticed that water purification methods have no been talked about much. I have been researching a bunch, but there is a lot of mixed reviews. We are not very partial to bringing along tablets to drop into our water (although lighter) are not wanting to drink chemicals for 4 in a half to six months (we have very clean water in Oregon and Finland and have been spolied). Any feedback or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kristen and Ville