[pct-l] sponsorship and bias

Eugene Leafty atetuna at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 02:17:59 CDT 2010

I appreciate what Ned brings to the list and the PCT community.  I only
wished I was a faster hiker this spring so that I could have attended his
course in southern California.

It may not be all due to Ned, but I got to the area near where the course
was supposed to be held a day late.  I walked around a little bit, but
decided that I would continue on since I was already late.  A day later a
group of Israeli's that had never been in the snow before attending Ned's
course caught up to me while I was slowly making my way in the snow.  I
would have spent another night above the snow line if it wasn't for those
guys.