[pct-l] Stressful Hawaii expedition

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Oct 13 03:44:25 CDT 2010

Hi gang,
Trouble is back in town.

After the JMT, a month in Hawaii really hit the spot.
The Hawaii expedition, however, turned out to be  more stressful than I
anticipated....I mean I could not seem to slurp enough Mai Tais or keep
my eyes of the bikini clad surfer girls or the hula girls.
Besides, my wife kept giving me that evil look because she did not seem
to accept my reasoning that slurping all those Mai Tais was simply to
keep fully hydrated and I was merely admiring the stylish bikinis and
hula skirts, not what was in the hula skirts.
All this can be very stressful, especially for an older guy like me.

However, do to sheer willpower and determination, I survived this
extremely stressful Hawaii expedition and as stressed out as I was I
still managed to climb the two tallest mountains in the world....more on
that later.

JMT Reinhold
Your stressed out trail companion