[pct-l] farewell....

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 00:51:16 CDT 2010

Brenda...
WHAT!!!!!  Brenda, I'm so sorry!  Whatever are they thinking of?  The P.R.
you have brought to your 'clients' can never be replaced....  You have to be
the epitome of a true Office Manager, there for everyone, not just office
staff.  The tremendous job you do at Kick Off and wherever else you're
needed is so reflected in the love any hiker/trail angel etc. who has come
into contact with you feels for you.  The person/machine that signs/stamps
permits (and manages your office, how does an organization of any size get
along w/o one?) from now on will never bring to that job what you've added
to the organization as a whole.  I listen to hikers a lot...I have ample
time and opportunity to do so, and when the PCTA is mentioned, you're the
person those folks name as, in most cases, the only one in that office
they've ever talked to.  That you take the time to answer/get the answers to
the questions they have.  That others may have hiked the trail/parts of the
trail too, but that you* really know*!. Whomever made the decision to
eliminate your position (and you) must not have a clue how many folks may
well reconsider the gift they were about to make and just pay their dues
instead.   What a shame!  What a loss!
Love you dearly....,
FireFly (aka Georgi Heitman, for those who don't know me as well as you do)
P.S.  I understand a bit about the world of 'modern business', but you in
your position have done so much to 'market and sell' your agency...I think
the powers-that-be need to do some re-thinking about the elimination of a
position (to say nothing of the person in that position) that has created so
much good well (and possibly the $$ that follow) for so many years.  The
funds you and your position have raised over the years just by doing what
you've done may not be huge flash-in-the-pan kind of grants that make for
good headlines in the Communicator, the one of a kind stuff?...but in the
long haul add up in loyal membership and gift-giving that continues over
years to come.  Great Office Managers make for smooth-running offices, for
that matter.  Good luck without one...or maybe O.M is part of the job
description for the new fund raiser?