[pct-l] Foot ware and Spring run-off...CORRECTION

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Oct 15 19:40:33 CDT 2010

Snow Bunny Hula Hoop Reinhold said: I meant to say...it seems that some of our members don't seem to understand the true meaning of "HYOH" instead of "UL".
Switchback replies: I like a nice heavy pack with lots of goodies.  Comfort and fun and not miles are my mantra.

The term "hiker" is sad now days.  It is seems to mean plowing through the outdoors as fast and as long as you can in the time available.  This why John Muir did not like the term "hike" when talking about going for a walk in the outdoors.  Hike to him sounded like going on a march.  He went simple, but not necessarily light.  Norman Clyde was known as the pack that walked.  His 85 pound packs were infamous.

Yes, give me a good 10 mile day and a nice camp with all the goodies any day over the 25 mile days of the ULer.  Give me a nice 10 month PCT thru-hike if I have to go really fast.  Ahhhhhhhhhh ..............................
that 6 pound Therm-a-rest Dream Time pad feels so good after the 8 miles today.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........I am now dreaming about setting a new record for "most supported PCT thru-hike."