[pct-l] foot ware and Spring run-off

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Sun Oct 17 12:18:08 CDT 2010

While I too would be interested in a gear breakdown from Ned, I know that the gear required for extensive snow travel is both "more" and "heavier".

From my time in a Sierra club wilderness course I know that the instructors are required to carry all the gear we students carry and then MORE because they are teachers. Some of it is shared teaching gear and some is safety/rescue gear.

Add in the extra "goodies" that some of the teachers carried to encourage students (one teacher was carrying creme broules! :-) and weights got big.

BillB

Typoed on my iPhone...