[pct-l] merino wool thermals

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 17:21:09 CDT 2010

Hi Neil,

Thought that I'd offer something on this. While unfamiliar with Terramar,  I
can recommend Icebreaker brand merino wool for the top, as it has a raglan
sleeve construction which means you won't have a seam on top of your
shoulders where the backpack straps cross, unlike the Smartwool brand I
looked at.  The Icebreaker bottoms had a disadvantage in my experience as
far as the waistband is concerned as it tends to collapse and bend over on
itself, causing, rather than preventing, irritation.   Merino wool inhibits
odor formation which otherwise results from the bacterial growth fostered by
some of the synthetic materials utilized by other manufacturers.