[pct-l] Water treatment

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Fri Oct 22 13:36:35 CDT 2010

Why is it banned?  Anyone know?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: William A. Chavez
  To: pct-l
  Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 2:34 PM
  Subject: [pct-l] Water treatment

  Every time I "chime" in on this subject it doesn't get posted?  Here
  goes...
  "Polar Pure" is banned from retail sale in CA.  People have confused
  it with "Aquamira" ( 1 word) and "Potable Aqua."

  It is a good product, lasts indefinitely and costs about $16.  I used
  it on the JMT and I did not catch any "bugs."  I can't say if I was
  lucky or the product did what it was supposed to do?  It does come in
  a glass bottle so that may be a problem for some people. If you
  "Google" the above words you can see what the manufactures of each
  say about their own products. (I hope this gets published otherwise
  my feelings will be hurt, whaaaa)

  Bill
  To unsubcribe, or change options visit: