[pct-l] Giardia

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Oct 23 13:53:54 CDT 2010

Good morning,  Michael,

What hikers will find on this list is mostly opinion; however it’s likely to
be the opinion of a bright, thoughtful individual who has booked many
thousands of miles on the PCT -- probably over many years.  Good luck in
challenging someone else’s opinion; it’s rarely successful -- almost like
trying to punch a cloud.

We all know that the variables associated with trail illness are many and
daunting:  Reporting is likely inconsistent, misleading, incomplete, or
possible just plain wrong.  Beat that quality of data against “expert”
technical opinions – which also vary greatly – and what is there to do?  Most
people rightfully go back to the beginning and just ask the opinion of
someone who’s “been there; done that” because that’s about as good as it
gets.  Pick an answer you like from a person you trust and go with it.

Enjoy,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09