[pct-l] 80 lbs

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 07:34:27 CDT 2010

Ned may be a very strong man. I am not so strong. My maximal weight
for hiking may be 30 Kg (60 pounds), so I always thinking how to carry
heavy load easily as much as possible. In ancient times, JanSports
produced "phantom" backpack, which has the projection of joints at the
both side of waits.

My favorite backpack Mountainhardware Solitude began to break, so I
bought REI XT 85. This backpack is well constructed, but when I carry
23 Kg load, I feel fatigue slightly in the muscle of the waist, so I
decided to remodel .

In short, I had reinforced the waist belt with the 3mm aluminum plate.
The result is very good. All the weights are put on the waist.

My site is written in Japanese. Please see the photos only.

https://sites.google.com/site/completewalker/equipments/backpack/rei-xt85

The first two photos are re-modeled figure.
The following  six photos are the production steps.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )