[pct-l] giardia/water

Janet Grossman janetgr at Cableone.net
Sun Oct 24 09:34:06 CDT 2010

I hiked from Hwy 58 to Kennedy Meadows in September 2009, was diagnosed
(based on stool sample) with giardia about a month and a half later
after a month of feeling generally not right, but not really sick. I
used Aqua Mira (drops) to treat all water except that I used from Mary's
2 water caches, and the water I took from the hose at Kennedy Meadows
Store. I hugely appreciated the existence of the caches and the hose.
However, I would certainly recommend that other hikers also purify water
from these 2 sources.
Janet