[pct-l] hiking shirts

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Oct 24 11:41:12 CDT 2010

Yes....I agree.
My hiking wardrobe consists of the finest garments available at
Goodwill, Amvets and St. Vincent De Paul thrift stores.
Yes Sir., this kid looks snappy on the trail......50 cents for a shirt,
75 cents for shorts, $1.25 for a jacket....at those prices I don't have
to be nervous about rolling around in the dirt getting my fancy wardrobe
dirty or tearing my fancy garments bushwhacking through the bushes.
For $2.50 I can replace the dirty, torn wardrobe with another fancy
wardrobe.
Like I said, on the trail, I wear only the finest garments available at
Goodwill, Amvets and St. Vincent De Paul.

Now take Switchback,  he spends a fortune on his hiking wardrobe and
looks like he just stepped out of a fashion designers store....and when
he comes strutting down the trail with his solar powered fan, hand free
umbrella and fuzzy pink camp slippers he is a sight to see, a real show
stopper, every hiker babes dream.

Yes Switchback.... you looks ever so lovely on the trail and I and all
the other hikers are ever so jealous.

JMT Reinhold
Your jealous trail companion
Diane wrote:
Fashion changes too much to keep up with it. If after all your searching
you still have no luck, you might try combing the thrift stores. I've
found some really nice shirts there, sometimes brand new with the tags
still on.