[pct-l] Bikers on the PCT

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 14:06:07 CDT 2010

That would not stop them. They would see the "bump gates" as a challenge.  They
would make their own bypass loop trails to go around the gate bumps.  They would
sneak in and modify and enlarge the bumps to become "jumps".  They would damage
the trail even more by digging rocks and soil from next to it to build the
ramps.  I have seen a lot of all of this on trails where they are allowed.
Besides - enforcement by Rangers would put Rangers who have been layed off back
to work. And that could (should) be funded by the fines. Of course, in time the
violators would get the message and quit illegaly using the PCT. And is that not
what we want?  Hopefully, by then our economy will have recovered enough to keep
the Rangers fully employed.

MendoRider