[pct-l] Bikes on the PCT

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 15:11:15 CDT 2010

Hard to believe!  I think I would have put up more of a stink but was so shocked
that I just stood aside gaping.  We share the wildlife preserve here in Phoenix
with mountain bikers, and also have some equestrians on the trail.  Everybody
gets along for the most part but it's only because there is generally a wide
berth.  In areas that ascend with narrow trails, only hikers (not even dogs) are
allowed.  And that is what I see as the distinction on the PCT; the trail can be
precipitous and bikes are hard to control.  Next time I won't be taken aback (or
aside in this case) and will stand my ground.  Good advice llamalady!