[pct-l] Fwd: One hiker still out there in NoCal?

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 18:31:43 CDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Georgi Heitman <bobbnweav at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM
Subject: One hiker still out there in NoCal?

O.K.  Turbo and I are sitting here, watching the rain come down in sheets
and the wind blow stuff sideways.  He arrived here yesterday, thus
completing his 2656 mile long PCT trek.  I've heard from Sparrow (who
completed her total hike by walking from here (Old Station) to Belden, that
Just Dave was still on the trail and trying to complete his hike by reaching
Castella.  He felt he'd arrive here either today (Sunday) or tomorrow.  It
snowed a bit in Chester last night and this storm is predicted to dump snow
to the 5300' level in this area tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night.  Our
season is effectively closed, and I'm worried about Just Dave.  If he's in
Lassen Natl. Park, anywhere between the Warner Valley Ranger Station and
here, he could be in serious trouble.  Has anyone heard of his whereabouts,
that he's still on the trail?
Thank you for any info anyone can send....
FireFly from The Hideaway at Old Station (Shasta Co., CA)
P.S.No wheeled vehicles on the PCT...(even wheel chairs pose a threat if to
no one but their own operators, even the strongest and most skilled,
IMHO).....
GO GIANTS!!!!