[pct-l] snow shoes

dan kayser yoyodadio at msn.com
Mon Oct 25 08:05:39 CDT 2010

I am debating whether to purchase a pair of snowshoes (MSR Ascent ~$270) for my 2011 PCT through hike (NOBO).  I have never had a pair so if I decide to buy them I'd like to do so soon so I can practice wearing them.  For those of you that have used snow shoes on their thru hike would you recommend them? Would you take them again?  What were the pros vs cons?  For those who haven't do you wish you had?  I understand the snow is wetter and crustier in the Sierras so I am also wonder if a pair of sturdy leather hiking boots would be sufficient?

Thanks,

Dan