[pct-l] smartphone as GPS

Halfmile list at lon.net
Mon Oct 25 16:40:27 CDT 2010

Kevin,
I will look forward to hearing your feedback about these apps. It has
been a year since I tried Motion X, so it's likely been improved. They
seem to come out with updates often. As I recall an issue for me what
that you could only import 12 waypoints at a time and that was via
email.
You are correct in that many of the USGS topo maps are pretty old and
don't show the PCT, but I have found many of the various digital maps
may show the PCT but not necessary in the correct location. That's why
I think importing accurate data into a map app is so important.
-Halfmile