[pct-l] YOSHI & ME on the JMT

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 18:14:06 CDT 2010

Hula-Snow Bunny JMT Reinhold writes: Hi gang, The plan this year was to Yo -Yo the JMT, starting in August at Horseshoe Meadow at medium speed and then after returning to Whitney , if I felt up to it, put this old body into overdrive and attempt a sub-five unsupported JMT.   Well, things did not go quite as planed.  First of all, on day one it started snowing which slowed me down.  Secondly, I caught up with two gorgeous hiker babes that were heading for Whitney.  They were physical fitness instructors and there was no way not to notice that .............................................................. etc., etc., etc.
Switchback replies: This is to laugh.  This is delusional.  This is the biggest PCT fiction story I have ever heard.  This has to win the annual PCTA Whopper Contest.  This will also win the PCT-L Bandwidth Hog Award for 2011.  I usually win this, but I bow and kowtow to my betters.  I know when I have been bested.  These excuses for not doing the JMT in Super Senior World Record time is sad.  It is obvious that you are afraid of my training regime for my Super Senior JMT attempt in several years.  I never heard so many excuses.  You could almost hear the shaking as you typed the post.

What a baby.  "Oh, boo hoo hoo hoo.  I want my mommy."  "The big bad woods scares me."  "The snow makes me cold and wet."  "I have to go to HI for a 3-week R&R after my one week on the big bad trail."  "I need some hiker babes to protect me out here, so the boogie man does not get me .... what was that noise?"  "Oh, it was just a baby deer, but they scare me too."

Give me a break.