[pct-l] PCT in January

dan rapkin clawsabre97 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 08:57:15 CDT 2010

Hey Guys,I plan on hiking the southern part of the PCT for about a week in the beginning of January for a class requirement for my major over here on the east coast at SUNY Plattsburgh.  I was wondering though what the conditions are generally like in January?  Will I need crampons, snow shoes or ice axes?  I have basic training in the use of ice axes and crampons but I am bringing 3 other friends with me who have no training.  Should I change my plan about hiking the PCT in January for something else, warmer?  I'm really not sure, but I want to hike somewhere badly.  Thank you in advance for your advice-Dan